Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Prayer




God,

Reveal to me the joy of being loving, self-sacrificing and charitable.

Teach me to know and play life's game with courage, fortitude and confidence.

Endow me with wisdom to guard my tongue and temper, and learn with patience the art of ruling my own life for its highest good, with due regards for privacy, rights and limitations of other lives.

Help me to strive for the highest legitimate reward of merit, ambition and oppurtunity in my activities, ever ready to extend a kindly helping hand to those who need encouragement and help in the struggle.

Enable me to give a smile instead of a frown, a cheerful, kindly word instead of harshness and bitterness.

Make me sympathetic in sorrow, realizing that there are hidden woes in every life no matter how exalted.

If in life's battle am wounded or tottering, pour into my wounds the balm of hope and imbue me with courage undaunted to arise and continue the strife.

Keep me humble in every relation of life, not unduly egotistical nor liable to the serious sin of self-depreciation.

In sucess, keep me meek.

In sorrow, may my soul be uplifted by the thought that if there were no shadow, there would be no sunshine.


--- from The Greatest Mystery In The World
By Og Mandino


***** I got this from peyups.com, posted in one of the forums (World view). A good one to start your day right. God Bless us all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home