Saturday, January 22, 2005

Released

I held you close to me
tried to surround you
and protect you with my love,
to keep you safe from all harm,
but it was not what you needed.

I wanted to keep you for myself
encircled, sheltered
Instead of allowing you
to grow and flourish
spread your wings
explore your potential.

I now realized
I cannot contain you,
and that your happiness
is best discovered without me.

To let you go
knowing that I must set you free,
This is the hardest task
I have ever done.

Fly away
Fly High
Fly Free

Disappear from my sight,
quickly
and do not look back.
For if you do
You will see a smile
covering a broken heart.

But the tears of loss
are slowly replaced with tears of joy
knowing your happiness
will soon follow.

May your wings take you
to magical places,
and all your dreams
be fulfilled.

Be happy in all you do
and may one day find
your true love.
That is what I have always
wanted for you.
by Kirsti A. Dyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home