Monday, February 21, 2005

Things I've Learned from Driving



Driving is one of the skills Im proud to have. Sometimes you can learn something about life in the most mundane things such as this. When I was just starting to drive, my Dad and I used to practice in Fairview. Tagal na nun and during that time wala pang gaanong bahay dun kaya dun masarap magpractice. I remember one time, we were going downhill and there's a big hump ahead...sabi ni father "magmenor ka, magmenor ka!" E nung time na yun di ko alam ibig sabihin ng menor (engot!) kaya tanong naman ako, "Anong menor, anong menor???!" Kaya ayun tumalon kami sa napakataas na humps at sympre pa galit na galit ang tatay ko! Buti nalang matibay tibay ang jurassic naming kotse at sya'y naka survive! :)

Parang sa buhay, paminsan minsan dapat ka magslow down. Dapat alam mo kung kelan ka magmemenor. If you think that you're living a fast pace life, hinto ka muna sandali dahil baka before you know it, ang dami dami mo na palang namimiss...And sometimes, those that passes you by are the things that are most esential to life. Always take time to smell the flowers.

Before going out, always check everything...the engine, the oil, the water, the brakes, the tires. Mahirap ng mabalahaw sa gitna ng kawalan. It is better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes life plays with you in the most cruel & unexpected manner kaya dapat you're always ready. Saying a prayer before driving off wont hurt either. We all need guidance, in one way or another. Depende nalang yun sa pinaniniwalaan mo.

On the road, always stay alert. You need to have a quick reflex. All your senses should work. Wag kang papatay patay kung ayaw mong madisgrasya. Just like in life, be street smart and always trust your instict, it'll save you. It's a dog-eat-dog out there & it's not a pretty sight.

Do not swerve. Stay in your lane. Masama ang maging salawahan. Bad yun! Disgrasya ang abot mo nyan!

Honk if you must. Libre naman yun. Cry foul kung foul talaga and to hell with them all! Save yourself!

Driving is not for the weak hearted...parang buhay, you always have to be strong. Laban lang ng laban. Lakasan lang yan ng loob. You have nothing to lose anyway. Drive defensively and always buckle up. Sobrang madaming GAGO sa daan. It's up to you how to handle them.

Lastly, you should always know when to stop...to look...and to listen...

You always have your family to come home to...Think of them and come home to them alive & kicking. Mawala na lahat ng bagay at tao sa mundo, wag lang isa sa kapamilya (o kapuso?) mo! :)


~0~0~0~

DRIVE
By Incubus

Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I cant help but ask myself how much I’ll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It’s driven me before, it seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
Lately I’m beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there, I’ll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive, oh oh


It’s driven me before, it seems to be the way
That everyone else get around
Lately, I’m beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there, I’ll be there
Would you choose water over wineHold the wheel and drive
Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there, I’ll be there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home